Women’s Information Service, Inc.
Staff Position Description
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: In no particular rank or order.
- Provide supportive activities for children and parents, both in the shelter and non-residential programs.
- Provide advocacy services for children with other agencies and systems.
- Provide parenting support to both shelter and non-residential parents.
- Assist parents as needed in the facilitation of referrals for children.
- Facilitate the development of safety planning with children and parents.
- Facilitate group activities for shelter children and their parents.
- Respond to crisis and information/referral calls.
- Consult with parent and other staff regarding needs of children and coordinate with parent and/or other staff.
- Participate in appropriate meetings, committees and projects to benefit clients and the organization.
- Conduct speaking engagements and public awareness activities with various agencies, organizations and civic groups as requested.
- Maintain appropriate client and organizational paperwork.
- Rotate back-up responsibilities with other designated staff.
- Attend and participate in the Women’s Information Service, Inc. staff meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Professional: Minimum of Associate’s Degree in a Human Services related field, and
two years’ experience working with children.
Experience: Knowledge of and interest in women’s issues, particularly the dynamics and laws pertaining to domestic and sexual violence.
Communication: The ability to speak and write clearly using proper spelling and grammar.
Technical: Ability to utilize a personal computer and demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft programs.
Other: Possession of a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Child care volunteers
SUPERVISOR/RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Director
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION: Range: $22,000 – $25,000 Full-time, Non-Exempt.
BENEFITS: Paid time off and health benefits available after introductory period.
SCHEDULE: Fluctuates according to shelter occupancy; standard business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday but may require 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Women’s Information Service, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer