Staff Position Description
Volunteer Coordinator/Sexual Assault Advocate
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: In no particular rank or order.
- Conduct service and public awareness and volunteer recruitment activities with various agencies, organizations and civic groups
- Screening and training of all volunteers
- Coordinate with staff to keep an updated calendar of events requiring volunteer assistance
- Train staff quarterly on how to supervise volunteers and maintain documentation
- Maintain updated volunteer training manual
- Perform general administrative duties regarding volunteer files and paperwork
- Provide backup crisis support counseling to sexual assault survivors and their significant others in Mecosta, Osceola, and Newaygo Counties when Lead Sexual Assault Advocate is not available.
- Provide backup personal advocacy and referral for sexual assault clients involved with legal, medical, housing, education, and financial service systems in Mecosta, Osceola, and Newaygo Counties when Lead Sexual Assault Advocate is not available.
- Maintain appropriate client and paperwork as required by the organization and VOCA. This includes quarterly narratives, reports, and numbers.
- Attend and participate in the Women’s Information Service, Inc. staff meetings as scheduled.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program or Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Professional: Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services related field
Experience: Knowledge of and interest in women’s issues, particularly the dynamics and laws pertaining to domestic and sexual violence.
Communication: The ability to speak and write clearly using proper spelling and grammar.
Technical: Ability to utilize a personal computer and demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft programs.
Other: Possession of a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation to the three serviced counties.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Volunteers.
SUPERVISOR/RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Director.
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION: Range $11.50 – $13.50. .5 FTE 20 hours per week.
SCHEDULE: Primarily Monday through Friday, but may include some evening and weekend hours to accommodate organizational needs.
Women’s Information Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.