Women’s Information Service, Inc.
Staff Position Description
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: In no particular rank or order.
- Maintain and keep current Quickbooks as needed.
- Collect all monthly expenditure information necessary to generate appropriate and timely reports for funding sources.
- Compute and prepare staff payroll, including timely monthly, quarterly and annual payroll and income tax paperwork.
- Compute and prepare reimbursement of staff backup and travel expenses.
- Respond to approved purchase orders by arranging for and finalizing purchases.
- Reconcile saving and checking accounts on monthly basis. Inform Executive Director of discrepancies and/or problems.
- Organize invoices and perform payment of bills on weekly basis. Prepare deposits weekly or more often as needed.
- Maintain written records of all financial activity and make reports available as requested by the Executive Director.
- Maintain portion of personnel file containing I-9, wage and benefit information.
- Confer with auditor(s) as requested during any audit.
- Attend and participate in the Women’s Information Service, Inc. staff meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Professional: Bachelor’s Degree in financial or business field or equivalent experience. Knowledge of fund accounting and non-profit organizations. Interest in women’s issues preferred.
Experience: Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and timely financial reports.
Communication: The ability to speak and write clearly using proper spelling and grammar.
Technical: Ability to utilize a personal computer and demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft programs.
SUPERVISOR RESPOSNSIBILITIES: None
SUPERVISOR/RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION: 20 hours per week. $11-$12.50 per hour.
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 4 consecutive hours per day.