Handyperson, part time
GENERAL RESPONSIBLITIES: In no particular rank or order
- Perform various maintenance tasks such as: repair cupboard doors, fix leaky faucets, change light bulbs, repair floors, caulk open cracks, fix small electrical problems, trim trees, keep debris in the yard picked up, shovel snow from sidewalks, repair windows and doors, fix damaged furniture, miscellaneous painting, wash walls, clean carpets, clean ceiling fans/light fixtures and various other maintenance/cleaning tasks as needed.
- Maintain a daily maintenance log of activities.
- Notify Program Director and/or Staff if maintenance task requires special requirements such as: major plumbing and/or electrical work, appliance replacement, delays in ordering materials, etc.
- Observe and communicate to the Program Director and/or Staff any work that impacts safety and/or security requirements before work can proceed.
- Notify Program Director and/or Staff to get permission to enter private areas of the house before performing maintenance tasks.
- Prepare a timesheet and submit to Program Director and/or Staff at the end of each week. (Proposed guidelines are 4 to 10 hours per week).
- Maintain a storage area in a designated area of the house for maintenance items such as: light bulbs, screws and bolts, insulation, paint supplies, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Professional: High School diploma and/or technical building skills preferred.
Experience: Skilled in carpentry, plumbing, electrical. Knowledge of building codes preferred.
Communication: Ability to communicate clearly, good written communication preferred..
Other: Reliable and dependable performance, good attendance, good attitude, respect for others required.
Resale Store Clerk, part time
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: In no particular rank or order.
- Assist Store Manager/Assistant Manager with daily operation of the resale shop facility.
- Provide pleasant, clean and friendly atmosphere to resale shop customers.
- Accept and receipt, sort and price donated items.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Assist Store Manager/Assistant Manager with maintaining and rotating adequate store inventory.
- Accept and record client vouchers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Store Manager/ Assistant Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Professional: High School diploma.
Experience: Knowledge of basic retail business practices. Interest in women’s issues preferred.
Communication: Ability to display appropriate, friendly attitude to co-workers, customers and volunteers.
Other: Possession of a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. Must be 18 years or older.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Store clerks, community service workers, volunteers
SUPERVISOR/RESPONSIBLE TO: Store Manager
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time $8.90 per hour.
BENEFITS: Life insurance
SCHEDULE: Part-time/Seasonal, Primarily Tuesday through Saturday – hours flexible to meet store schedule, but may include some evening and weekend hours.