Current Job Openings
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: In no particular rank or order.
- Respond to telephone crisis/information/referral calls.
- Transfer calls to on-call as needed.
- Complete client intake and provide initial assessments of client needs.
- Monitor shelter safety and access emergency services as needed.
- Complete all routine housekeeping and safety checks and record these events on the daily/weekly cleaning list.
- Maintain cleanliness of office and office restroom during shift.
- Provide support to shelter clients and their children.
- Consult with other personnel regarding client progress, needs and goals.
- Assist in organizing and maintenance of shelter.
- Maintain a working knowledge of community resources.
- Activate Domestic Violence Response Team as needed.
- Assist in clerical duties such as filing, copying, data entry, and maintaining client paperwork.
- Maintain appropriate client and organizational records.
- Thoroughly clean client rooms as they are vacated.
- When time permits, perform regular cleaning of shelter.
- Attend and participate in the Women’s Information Service, Inc. shelter advocate staff meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Shelter Advocate, Program Director, or Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Professional: High School Diploma. Two years of college level academics or experience preferred.
Experience: Knowledge of and interest in women’s issues.
Communication: The ability to speak and write clearly using proper spelling and grammar.
Technical: Ability to utilize a personal computer and demonstrate familiarity with Microsoft programs, detailed data entry; Google Drive experience preferred.
Other: Access to reliable transportation. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and navigate stairs. Must be willing to work some weekends and holidays.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SUPERVISOR/RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Shelter Advocate, Program Director, Executive Director
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION: Hourly Range: $12.00 – $13.00 per hour
BENEFITS: After 90 day introductory period, company paid life insurance for employees that work at least 20 hours per week.
SCHEDULE: Primarily after 5 p.m. on weekdays and any time on weekends. First shift until midnight, second shift from midnight to 8 a.m. Schedule will include some weekends and holidays.
Women’s Information Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.